Day 1! Blogger Ninja Success

Soo today was bloggy day numero uno. I have lots of rather blurry photos and one likely long post to show for it. I’m going to need to figure out how to post at work if you all are going to be updated during the daylight hours. Pretty normal day in PapayaFish world…went something like this:

Set my alarm for 5:25 and 5:35 (no matter how early I’m rising, I’m only rising after at LEAST 2 snoozes)…flash forward almost 2 hours and I was ready to rise and shine at exactly 7:10am. Twas difficult falling asleep last night, and my morning run was the victim! I quickly quickly got ready for work and hopped on the train for my hour ride into the city. Certainly never the highlight of my day, but it gives me time to read read read, and occasionally think and/or stare blankly at the seat in front of me. All good things I don’t have time to do otherwise. The BRIGHT SIDE is best.

I always try to walk the 1 mile from Penn Station to my office, but today I walked up the steps, outside into the rain with no umbrella, and turned around and walked down the steps again. Strike two already. Eesh. I arrived at work and assembled my usual-these-days breakfast.

In that delicious bowl of mush there was:
-steel cut oats cooked with about a cup of frozen spinach
-1/2 c. 2% cottage cheese
-tsp honey
-Tbsp Trader Joe’s Organic Creamy no-salt-added PB
-Tbsp flax seed meal
-1/2 c. frozen mixed berries

I am in LOVE with this breakfast. Obviously because it tasted like heaven and you REALLY can’t taste the spinach, and also secretly because it grosses out my coworkers 🙂
Along side this bad boy I had a huge thermos of JAVA with 1% regular milk. I’m not nearly as cool as the other bloggers…I drink regular milk rather regularly. I know, I know..
At noon I snuck out of the office to run up to Exhale Spa for a CORE FUSION class! This class seriously kicked my butt. No joke. If I could figure out how to make that text a hyperlink I would (I’m new to this, give me a break). I’ll try to come back later and fix that – but really, if you’re ever in Manhattan and you’re looking for a good (painful) hour to kill, go here.
I then limped back to my cube and nibbled on (devoured) this beaut:

I ate almost half the sally before I remembered that I’m a food-tographer now! That’s wilted romaine from last night’s salad, green pepper, tomato, broccoli & spinach, feta, 2 millett cakes, a scoop of Sabra Hummus with Pine Nuts, and a scoop of 0% Fage. Mmmmm Mmmmm. And an apple on the side!
The millett cake recipe I got from Eating Well magazine. If you’ve never read it and enjoy a nice glossy food heaven, pick it up. Everything in it is delicious! Although I over did it a tad with the lemon zest in this recipe…I grated too much! Had to throw it all in there. Nothing goes to waste!

Around 4 o’clock I toasted up a nice endpiece of Health Nut bread and slathered her in a bit of that TJ’s PB. Snackeroo ❤

I may or may not have then snuck out of the office at 4:30 for a quick 3.5 mile run around Central Park before the monsoon started. This rain in NY is getting out of control! After stretching at the gym I grabbed my things and walked/ran the mile to the train. Those raindrops weren’t kidding. On the train I snacked on another apple:

(That’s apple #2 if you’re counting.) I get really carsick (er, trainsick?) if I work out and then get on the train on an empty stomach.

Came home to a DELISH dinner prepared my momma dukes. But first I had 3 of these bad boys:


Dinner was a sally with romaine, green pepper, tomato, drizzle EVOO & Red Wine Vinegar, oregano, salt & pepper (the usual), with 4ish ounces roasted chicken breast and 3/4 cup brown rice & wild rice with pine nuts, liver, mixed veggies, currants, cumin, cinnamon, and a bunch of other stuff. Heavenly.

An hour later I compiled dessert! A sliced up apple (#3) with 1/2 c. blueberries sprayed with Pam and sprinkled with cinnamon, went into the toaster oven at 350*

10 minutes later they met up with a scoop of TJ’s organic chunky almond butter in my bowl, and some more cinnamon came to play. They partied it up for like 10 minutes there before hitting up this other spot (my stomach). YUM.

Annndddd that was all the nourishment I needed today. Whew.
Taking pictures of my food at work was:
1. really wierd.
2. ninja-like.
No one at work knows about this thinger, and I really didn’t feel like explaining the picturing taking of my I was sneaky! It worked. For one day at least 🙂

It also made me realize that I eat WAY too many meals at my desk. That just won’t do.

Now I am thoroughly exhausted, and after the longest blog post of all time (I’m basically a professional now), I’m outta here..
Jen Papaya


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: